Re: postgres_fdw: batch inserts vs. before row triggers

From: Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres_fdw: batch inserts vs. before row triggers
Date: 2022-11-24 11:19:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 8:46 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached is a patch for fixing these issues.

Here is an updated patch. In the attached, I added an assertion to
ExecInsert(). Also, I tweaked comments and test cases a little bit,
for consistency. Also, I noticed a copy-and-pasteo in a comment in
ExecBatchInsert(), so I fixed it as well.

Barring objections, I will commit the patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-handling-of-pending-inserts-2.patch application/octet-stream 14.8 KB