Re: Defer selection of asynchronous subplans until the executor initialization stage

From: Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, "Andrey V(dot) Lepikhov" <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Defer selection of asynchronous subplans until the executor initialization stage
Date: 2022-06-02 12:08:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 3:58 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have committed the patch after modifying it as such.

The patch calls trivial_subqueryscan() during create_append_plan() to
determine the triviality of a SubqueryScan that is a child of an
Append node. Unlike when calling it from
set_subqueryscan_references(), this is done before some
post-processing such as set_plan_references() on the subquery. The
reason why this is safe wouldn't be that obvious, so I added to
trivial_subqueryscan() comments explaining this. Attached is a patch
for that.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
Improve-comments-for-trivial_subqueryscan.patch application/octet-stream 2.0 KB