Re: Fast COPY FROM based on batch insert

From: Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com
Subject: Re: Fast COPY FROM based on batch insert
Date: 2022-10-28 10:12:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 6:58 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have committed the patch after tweaking comments a little bit further.

I think there is another patch that improves performance of COPY FROM
for foreign tables using COPY FROM STDIN, but if Andrey (or anyone
else) want to work on it again, I think it would be better to create a
new CF entry for it (and start a new thread for it). So I plan to
close this in the November CF unless they think otherwise.

Anyway, thanks for the patch, Andrey! Thanks for reviewing, Ian and Zhihong!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita