Lag in asynchronous replication

From: Subhankar Chattopadhyay <subho(dot)atg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Lag in asynchronous replication
Date: 2017-03-23 14:37:59
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

in case of automated failover i want to check if slave ia lagging​ from
master and only if it is in sync, i want to do failover. But I am working
in a virtual cloud environment so by that time the master VM may not be
available to me. How can i check the lag in that case ?

Regards,
SUBHANKAR CHATTOPADHYAY