Error when installing the bdr extension

From: Ioana Danes <ioanadanes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error when installing the bdr extension
Date: 2015-09-10 16:17:01
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

Hi,

I am trying to install the UDR from 2ndquadrant and I am getting the
following error when I try to create the bdr extension:

# create extension bdr;
ERROR: could not find function "bdr_internal_sequence_reset_cache" in file
"/usr/lib/postgresql94/lib64/bdr.so"

I could not find a mailing list for BDR/UDR so I thought to post my issue
here with my hope that somebody can help me.

Versions installed:

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 3

I use Postgres 9.4.4 from suse repo:

postgresql-init-9.4-0.2.1
postgresql94-9.4.4-0.6.2
postgresql94-contrib-9.4.4-0.6.2
postgresql94-devel-9.4.4-0.6.2
postgresql94-server-9.4.4-0.6.2

And I downloaded and compiled the latest stable version of bdr from
https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/bdr/tree/bdr-plugin/REL0_9_STABLE

./autogen.sh

./configure BUILDING_UDR=1

*checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sedchecking
for pg_config... /usr/bin/pg_configconfigure: building against PostgreSQL
9.4checking for gcc... gccchecking whether the C compiler works...
yeschecking for C compiler default output file name... a.outchecking for
suffix of executables...checking whether we are cross compiling...
nochecking for suffix of object files... ochecking whether we are using the
GNU C compiler... yeschecking whether gcc accepts -g... yeschecking for gcc
option to accept ISO C89... none neededchecking for
replication/replication_identifier.h... noconfigure: postgres-bdr patches
missing, forcing UDR buildconfigure: creating ./config.statusconfig.status:
creating Makefileconfig.status: creating Makefile.globalconfig.status:
creating doc/Makefileconfig.status: creating run_testsconfig.status:
creating bdr_config_generated.hconfig.status: bdr_config_generated.h is
unchanged*make -j4 -s all
make -s install

Updated and restarted postgres config with following parameters:

shared_preload_libraries = 'bdr'
wal_level = 'logical'
max_wal_senders = 4
max_replication_slots = 4
max_worker_processes = 10

I connected to an existing database that I want to replicate and created
the btree_gist extension:
create extension btree_gist;

Then when I attempted to create the bdr extension I got the above mentioned
error:
# create extension bdr;
ERROR: could not find function "bdr_internal_sequence_reset_cache" in file
"/usr/lib/postgresql94/lib64/bdr.so"

Am I missing something, doing the wrong steps? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ioana Danes