Re: Connection pooling for differing databases?

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabrizio(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Arjun Ranade <ranade(at)nodalexchange(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connection pooling for differing databases?
Date: 2019-03-07 19:35:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Em qui, 7 de mar de 2019 às 16:10, Arjun Ranade <ranade(at)nodalexchange(dot)com>
escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if there's a tool like pgpool that can provide a single
origin point (host/port) that will proxy/direct connections to the specific
servers that contain the db needing to be accessed.

> For example... lets say we had two databases: db1.company.com:5432 and
db2.company.com:5433

> Db1 has the database: env1
> Db2 has the database: env2
>
> Is there a tool that will accept connections, so that when users connect
they see there are two databases they can go to: env1 and env2.

> If they choose to connect to the env1 db, it routes all traffic to
db1.company.com:5432 and if they choose env2 it routes them to
db2.company.com:5433

> Of course there would have to be some requirement such as the databases
on any given server cannot have name collisions with database names on
another server, etc. Is there a way to do something like this?

Yeap, pgbouncer do that. See "databases" configuration section [1].

Regards,

[1] https://pgbouncer.github.io/config.html#section-databases

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/