Re: Tackling JsonPath support

From: Christian Convey <christian(dot)convey(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tackling JsonPath support
Date: 2016-11-28 17:40:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 5:20 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Incremental work is great idea - I like this this style. Instead contrib,
> you can use public repository on github. Minimally for first stage is
> better to live outside core - you are not restricted by PostgreSQL
> development process. When your code will be stabilized, then you can go to
> commitfest. I believe so we need good JSON support. The XML support helps
> to PostgreSQL lot of, JSON will be great too.

​Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am planning to use one of my own public github repos as the location for
my work.

I thought by adding my first implementation to "contrib", we could make
this functionality available to end-users, even before there was a
consensus about what PG's "official" JSON-related operators should have for
syntax and semantics.

Does my reasoning make sense?

- C