Re: pg_dump with tables created in schemas created by extensions

From: Martín Marqués <martin(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pg_dump with tables created in schemas created by extensions
Date: 2016-08-23 20:34:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> I will add tests for sequence and functions as you mention and test again.
>
> Then I'll check if other tests should be added as well.

I found quite some other objects we should be checking as well, but
this will add some duplication to the tests, as I'd just copy (with
minor changes) what's in src/bin/pg_dump/t/002_pg_dump.pl

I can't think of a way to avoid this duplication, not that it really
hurts. We would have to make sure that any new objects added to one
test, if needed, are added to the other (that's a bit cumbersome).

Other things to check:

CREATE AGGREGATE
CREATE DOMAIN
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE TYPE
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
CREATE POLICY

Maybe even CREATE INDEX over a table created in the schema.

Also, ACLs have to be tested against objects in the schema.

I hope I didn't miss anything there.

--
Martín Marqués http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/