Re: Allowing parallel pg_restore from pipe

From: Timothy Garnett <tgarnett(at)panjiva(dot)com>
To: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Allowing parallel pg_restore from pipe
Date: 2013-04-25 17:56:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As the OP, I'll just note that my organization would definitely find use
for a parallel migrator tool as long as it supported doing a selection of
tables (i.e. -t / -T) in addition to the whole database and it supported or
we were able to patch in an option to cluster as part of the migration (the
equivalent of something like
https://github.com/tgarnett/postgres/commit/cc320a71 ).

Tim