Re: BUG in 10.1 - dsa_area could not attach to a segment that has been freed

From: Alexander Voytsekhovskyy <young(dot)inbox(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG in 10.1 - dsa_area could not attach to a segment that has been freed
Date: 2017-11-29 13:28:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Alexander Voytsekhovskyy
> <young(dot)inbox(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in very certain case i am getting error
> >
> > "ERROR: dsa_area could not attach to a segment that has been freed"
> >

> Can you try to get call stack so that we can get a better picture of
> what is happening here? One way could be you can change this ERROR to
> PANIC which will generate core dump and you can get stack trace.

Yes, i can do both - i can reproduce it on test environment also

is there somewhere manual for that?

> > Here is explain for this query:
> > https://explain.depesz.com/s/slpM
> >
> > If i change any part of this query, like remove filter
> > client_tt.id_client_tt or try it on other data set - it works
> >

> Can you share the plan after you change the query?

Yes, here is query without one of conditions in WHERE section

SELECT
delivery_data.id_product AS id_product,
client_tt.id_client_tt
FROM delivery_data
JOIN client_tt AS client_tt_tmp ON (client_tt_tmp.id_client_tt =
delivery_data.id_client_tt)
JOIN client_tt ON (client_tt_tmp.id_unique = client_tt.id_client_tt)
WHERE delivery_data.delivery_date BETWEEN '2017-09-01' AND '2017-11-30'
AND delivery_data.id_ta IN (3911)
GROUP BY client_tt.id_client_tt, delivery_data.id_product
HAVING SUM(delivery_data.amount) > 0
ORDER BY client_tt.id_client_tt

And explain:

https://explain.depesz.com/s/9aBI