improving \dt++ in psql

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: improving \dt++ in psql
Date: 2014-05-01 05:30:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I tried to start writing a patch to add "Total Size" column to \dt++ output.

in src/bin/psql/describe.c we have this

listTables(
const char *tabtypes,
const char *pattern,
bool verbose,
bool showSystem)

I was (as a long time Pg user) dead sure that psql really sometimes
cares about the number of plus signs that you add to meta-command

So why this particular function interface has boolean "verbose" parameter?

Can't we have higher levels of "verbosiness"?

thanks,
Filip