Union All View execution

From: Ivan Novick <inovick(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Union All View execution
Date: 2015-10-15 06:03:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

If we have two queries, Query A and Query B that both return same columns.

If we do Union All View will postgresql execute Query A and then Query B
sequentially?

Does the work being discussed around parallel query have the potential to
parallely execute both parts of a Union All View?

Also is there a pointer to the latest summary of goals and design for
parallel query work?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ivan