Re: can't coax query planner into using all columns of a gist index

From: Gideon Dresdner <gideond(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can't coax query planner into using all columns of a gist index
Date: 2015-08-12 15:07:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

What's a good way for me to create a self-contained test case. AFAIU the
only way to make these test cases more self-contained would be to inline
the second table and its index. How do you create an index to an inlined
table of values?

Or perhaps I could send over a dump of a subset of the data?

Yes, I am fairly sure that I am running 9.4.4:

$ psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 9.4.4

# select version();
version

PostgreSQL 9.4.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 5.1.0,
64-bit
(1 row)

Thanks for the help,
Gideon.