Re: Finer Extension dependencies

From: Hitoshi Harada <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finer Extension dependencies
Date: 2012-01-23 11:06:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:

>>> It should, what happens when you try? :)
>>
>> I just tried DROP EXTENSION now, and found it broken :(
>>
>> db1=# create extension kmeans;
>> CREATE EXTENSION
>> db1=# drop extension kmeans;
>> ERROR:  cannot drop extension kmeans because extension feature kmeans
>> requires it
>> HINT:  You can drop extension feature kmeans instead.
>
> Can you provide me the test case you've been using?  That looks like a
> bug I need to fix, indeed (unless the problem lies in the test case,
> which would mean I need to tighten things some more).

The test case is just above; createdb db1 and create and drop an
extension. The kmean extension is on pgxn. I tried my small test
extension named ext1 which contains only one plpgsql function, and
created it then dropped it, reproduced.

Thanks,
--
Hitoshi Harada