Re: There should be a way to use the force flag when restoring databases

From: Joan <aseques(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet(at)singh(dot)im>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: There should be a way to use the force flag when restoring databases
Date: 2023-07-20 06:44:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

HI Gurjeet, that woulld be great, all the cases where a FORCE won't apply
make totally sense (either complex scenarios or permission issues)

> It doesn't terminate if prepared transactions, active logical replication
> slots or subscriptions are present in the target database.

This will fail if the current user has no permissions to terminate other
> connections

Regards

Missatge de Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet(at)singh(dot)im> del dia dc., 19 de jul. 2023 a
les 19:28: