For each statement trigger and update table

From: Mike Martin <mike(at)redtux(dot)plus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: For each statement trigger and update table
Date: 2020-01-03 23:09:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Not sure if this is possible
Basically I want to have a trigger which updates an array column in the
same table when a column is updated
This works as a row level trigger, but not as per statement
I have hit the recursive issue (where update fires update trigger which
fires etc)
According to the docs I cannot use columns and relative tables together

So any suggestions? I can give code when I get home, but it's pretty simple
stuff