Re: Website

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website
Date: 2011-07-19 09:34:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2011/7/19 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
> <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >

> > I suggested a small refresh of the page, therefore I made just small
> changes
> > so the page looks polished. I didn't promised a big change.
>
> No, I realise that - and don't expect you to work on it if you don't
> want to. I just mention it because I have a sneaking suspicion that
> small updates are less likely to be liked by all, and really it could
> be argued that you're putting "lipstick on a pig". I'm probably not
> going to be overly happy until we change the primary colour for
> example... I'm pretty fed up with that blue now.
>
> I suggested a refresh, because I didn't know that you would like the big
deal. There are probably other priorities. "Lipstick on a pig" is a good one
:)
If we do a redesign, I'm would love to co-work on it.

> > A redesign would surely be the best, for me this implies a relaunch of
> the
> > "brand" pgAdmin.
>
> Maybe, but we don't take that sort of thing quite as seriously as most
> commercial entities would, so we don't need to worry about launch
> parties and press releases etc :-). Unless people are in town anyway -
> then there's always room for a celebratory ale!
>
> Launch party and press releases? That's a wonderful idea. Do we have a
budget? ;-)
What I meant is as you already mentioned the splash screen, help files, and
so one to have a straight design.

> > @Guillaume: I never saw somebody complaining about google, but they did a
> > redesign. Because of marketing reasons, it's important to do this from
> time
> > to time.
>
> Yup - and just to keep things fresh.
>
> Guillaume: Sure, I agree on this. And I definitely think we need something
new. But
I see new as full redesign, not minor changes here and there.

Agreed!