Re: pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server
Date: 2017-08-05 03:27:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert,

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 23:17 Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> > Thanks for the patches. I'm planning to push them tomorrow morning
> > after a bit more review and testing. I'll provide an update tomorrow.
>
> Obviously, the part about pushing them Friday morning didn't happen,
> and you're running out of time for providing an update on Friday, too.
> The release is due to wrap in less than 72 hours.

Unfortunately the day got away from me due to some personal... adventures
(having to do with lack of air conditioning first and then lack of gas,
amongst a lot of other things going on right now...). I just got things
back online but, well, my day tomorrow is pretty well packed solid. I
wouldn't complain if someone has a few cycles to push these, they look
pretty good to me but I won't be able to work on PG stuff again until
tomorrow night at the earliest.

Thanks!

Stephen