pgbouncer transaction patch?

From: Maciek Sakrejda <m(dot)sakrejda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgbouncer transaction patch?
Date: 2012-08-15 04:27:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Happened upon this:

http://treehou.se/~omar/postgresql-jdbc-8.4-701-pgbouncer_txn.patch

and the related (ancient) pgbouncer mailing list post

http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgbouncer-general/2010-February/000507.html

It seems sensible, but as far as I can tell, no attempt had ever been
made to upstream this. Any thoughts on accepting this? The pgbouncer
FAQ still references this issue:

http://pgbouncer.projects.postgresql.org/doc/faq.html

I pushed it out to my github repo for easier merging (to be clear: I
did not author the patch; I merely found something that, at first
blush, seems to belong in the driver; I thought I'd take a stab at
getting it in):

https://github.com/deafbybeheading/pgjdbc/tree/pgbouncer-txn

The original author appears to be the same person who sent the mailing
list post.