Re: Duplicate Workers entries in some EXPLAIN plans

From: Maciek Sakrejda <m(dot)sakrejda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)pm(dot)me>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Duplicate Workers entries in some EXPLAIN plans
Date: 2020-01-15 17:12:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sounds good, I'll try that format. Any idea how to test YAML? With the
JSON format, I was able to rely on Postgres' own JSON-manipulating
functions to strip or canonicalize fields that can vary across
executions--I can't really do that with YAML. Or should I run EXPLAIN
with COSTS OFF, TIMING OFF, SUMMARY OFF and assume that for simple
queries the BUFFERS output (and other fields I can't turn off like
Sort Space Used) *is* going to be stable?