Re: getNotifications

From: Maciek Sakrejda <m(dot)sakrejda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: kfan <kfan(dot)b1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getNotifications
Date: 2012-08-17 16:43:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 9:23 AM, kfan <kfan(dot)b1(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> It's not an exception, it's a compile error. I am casting the connection
> object to a PGConnection...interesting to note though that the methods
> available on the PGConnection object only shows the addDatatype method.
>
> the error: the method getNotifications() is undefined for type PGConnection.

That's odd, since getNotifications() was there before addDatatype if
I'm reading the history right.

> What I see now is PGNotification is not available but PGConnection is...not
> sure I saw that earlier. Where is that class? Thought it was part of the
> same package.

It is. What version of the driver are you using? Also, it would be
useful to see a full (and, ideally, minimal) test case and the exact
compilation errors you're getting.

> The code is something I found online:

Seems reasonable at first glance...