Re: Geoserver-PostGIS performance problems

From: Maciek Sakrejda <m(dot)sakrejda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Vinicius Abrahao <vinnix(dot)bsd(at)gmail(dot)com>, Riaan van den Dool <rvddool(at)csir(dot)co(dot)za>, Brett Walker <brett(dot)walker(at)geometryit(dot)com>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Geoserver-PostGIS performance problems
Date: 2012-07-26 06:34:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

> unfortunately postgres jdbc is bugged and does not honor the above for
> transaction control commands (begin, commit, etc). This patch
> http://treehou.se/~omar/postgresql-jdbc-8.4-701-pgbouncer_txn.patch
> will fix it, assuming it hasn't been fixed in recent postgres jdbc.

Looks like it's still an issue:
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/master/org/postgresql/core/v3/QueryExecutorImpl.java#L426

Although I don't quite follow why it's an issue in the first
place--isn't the point to avoid creating a plan with parameter markers
but not actual parameter information? BEGIN, COMMIT, et al never have
markers in the first place. What am I missing?