Assistance Needed: PostgreSQL Migration Errors 13.2 to 15

From: Charan K <charank9223(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Assistance Needed: PostgreSQL Migration Errors 13.2 to 15
Date: 2023-12-08 12:04:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Team,

I hope this email finds you well. We are currently in the process of
migrating from PostgreSQL 13.2 to PostgreSQL 15, and we've encountered some
issues during the restoration process.

Error Details:

1. pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: column reference
"wal_records" is ambiguous
2. pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: relation
"metric_helpers.pg_stat_statements" does not exist

Extensions Used:

- pg_stat_kcache | 2.2.0 | public | Kernel statistics gathering
- pg_stat_statements | 1.8 | public | Track planning and execution
statistics of all SQL statements executed
- pg_trgm | 1.5 | public | Text similarity measurement and index
searching based on trigrams
- plpgsql | 1.0 | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
- set_user | 2.0 | public | Similar to SET ROLE but with added logging
- timescaledb | 2.2.1 | public | Enables scalable inserts and complex
queries for time-series data
- uuid-ossp | 1.1 | public | Generate universally unique identifiers
(UUIDs)
- pg_cron | 1.3 | public | Job scheduler for PostgreSQL

Commands Used:

1. kubectl exec basebackup-qa-cluster-1 -n cnpg-test -c postgres --
pg_dump -Fc -d eksqademo > eksqademo.dump
2. kubectl exec -i qa-test-cluster-1 -c postgres -n demo -- pg_restore
--no-owner -d eksqademo --verbose < eksqademo.dump

Could you please provide some guidance on why these errors are occurring
and how we can resolve them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-charan