Re: vcregress support for single TAP tests

From: Vaishnavi Prabakaran <vaishnaviprabakaran(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: vcregress support for single TAP tests
Date: 2017-05-02 04:19:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Andrew Dunstan <
andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> In the absence of further comments I'm going to apply this and
> back-patch it so we can get a significant improvement in how the
> buildfarm reports results from TAP tests, as well as increased coverage,
> on Windows/MSVC machines.

I see vcregress is not processing the second argument passed to it. For
example, "vcregress.bat check serial" runs the regress test in parallel
mode.
Though this issue is present even before this patch is applied, am writing
here because this patch touches the argument passing to sub-routine logic.
Attached is the one fix I find it working for me.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaishnavi,
Fujitsu Australia.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Argument-passing-to-sub-routine-corrected-in-vcregre.patch application/octet-stream 629 bytes