Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon

From: Ravi Kiran <ravi(dot)kolanpaka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon
Date: 2015-02-12 21:14:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am sorry for the late reply, when I disabled the hash join command
"enable_hashjoin=off" in the postgresql.conf file, it was not working. But
I when I used the command "set enable_hashjoin=off" command in the back
end. It worked.
I am not able to understand why it did not get disabled when I changed it
in the postgresql file.