enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon

From: Ravi Kiran <ravi(dot)kolanpaka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon
Date: 2015-02-09 21:29:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I want to disable the hashjoin algorithm used by postgres by default, and
enable the nested loop join algorithm, can some one tell me how to do that.

I tried modifying the postgresql.conf file where I set the value
enable_hashjoin=off and also enable_mergejoin=off, so that I could force
postgres to use nested loop.
but postgres is still using the hash join algorithm even after modifying
the postgresql code.

can some one tell me what I am doing wrong, or is there any other file
where I need to modify to enable nested loop join algorithm.

Thanks