Re: PostgreSQL and big data - FDW

From: Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: ROS Didier <didier(dot)ros(at)edf(dot)fr>
Cc: "bruce(at)momjian(dot)us" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and big data - FDW
Date: 2020-06-24 15:40:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 6:09 PM ROS Didier <didier(dot)ros(at)edf(dot)fr> wrote:

> Hi Bruce
>
> In the following link :
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/blog/connecting-hadoop-and-edb-postgres-shrink-big-data-challenges
> We can see :
> "Support for various authentication methods (i.e. Kerberos, NOSASL, etc.)"
>
> So HDFS_FDW support kerberos authentication . how to be sure of that ?
> Could EDB make a clear statement on this point?

HDFS_FDW does not support kerberos authentication.
The sentence you have pasted above is from the wish list or say TODO
list, here is what it says:
"Currently the HDFS_FDW only provides READ capabilities but EDB is planning
the following additional functionality:"

The functionality was not implemented. I think the part of confusion might
be
due to the formatting of the list in the blog.

You can follow the README[1] of HDFS_FDW to get an idea of how to use it.

[1] https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/hdfs_fdw/blob/master/README.md

Regards,
Jeevan