Re: Adding support for Default partition in partitioning

From: Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Date: 2017-05-16 12:57:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 7:34 PM, Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Thank you for the updated patch. However, now I cannot create a partition
> after default.
>
> CREATE TABLE list1 (
> a int,
> b int
> ) PARTITION BY LIST (a);
>
> CREATE TABLE list1_1 (LIKE list1);
> ALTER TABLE list1 ATTACH PARTITION list1_1 FOR VALUES IN (1);
> CREATE TABLE list1_def PARTITION OF list1 DEFAULT;
> CREATE TABLE list1_5 PARTITION OF list1 FOR VALUES IN (3);

> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> !>

Hi,

I have fixed the crash in attached patch.
Also the patch needed bit of adjustments due to recent commit.
I have re-based the patch on latest commit.

PFA.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe

Attachment Content-Type Size
default_partition_v12.patch application/octet-stream 26.1 KB