Re: Bug in pg_dump --table and --exclude-table for declarative partition table handling.

From: Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug in pg_dump --table and --exclude-table for declarative partition table handling.
Date: 2017-05-09 09:10:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In my last email by mistake I attached Amul's patch itself.
Please find attached patch extending the fix to inheritance relations.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:51 PM, Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:43 PM, amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Current pg_dump --exclude-table option excludes partitioned relation
>> and dumps all its child relations and vice versa for --table option, which
>> I think is incorrect.
>>
>> In this case we might need to explore all partitions and exclude or
>> include
>> from dump according to given pg_dump option, attaching WIP patch proposing
>> same fix. Thoughts/Comments?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Amul
>>

> +1.
>
> Also, I can see similar issue exists with inheritance.
> In attached patch, I have extended Amul's original patch to address the
> inheritance dumping issue.
>
> Regards,
> Jeevan Ladhe

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump_fix_for_partition_and_inheritance_wip.patch application/octet-stream 2.5 KB