Re: refactoring basebackup.c

From: Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Date: 2021-09-24 12:57:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Still, there's got to be a simple way to make this work, and it can't
> involve setting autoFlush. Like, look at this:
>
> https://github.com/lz4/lz4/blob/dev/examples/frameCompress.c
>
> That uses the same APIs that we're here and a fixed-size input buffer
> and a fixed-size output buffer, just as we have here, to compress a
> file. And it probably works, because otherwise it likely wouldn't be
> in the "examples" directory. And it sets autoFlush to 0.

Thanks, Robert. I have seen this example, and it is similar to what we have.
I went through each of the steps and appears that I have done it correctly.
I am still trying to debug and figure out where it is going wrong.

I am going to try hooking the pg_basebackup with the lz4 source and
debug both the sources.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe