Re: Removing Inner Joins

From: Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removing Inner Joins
Date: 2013-07-10 05:28:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> AFAIK,
> There is code to remove the redundant relations (joins too are relations).
> But I don't remember exactly where it is. Start looking at query_planner().
> The removal of relations should happen before actually planning the joins.

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure if the part you mentioned is inline with the case I am
talking about. The specific case I mentioned does not seem to have
been implemented yet, and I was researching the roadblocks to it,
hence asked on the list.

Thanks and Regards,

Atri

--