Re: Unresolved error 0xC0000409 on Windows Server

From: Matthew Gerber <gerber(dot)matthew(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unresolved error 0xC0000409 on Windows Server
Date: 2012-11-05 14:10:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au> wrote:

> On 11/04/2012 08:47 AM, Matthew Gerber wrote:
>

> So I attached the VS debugger, but the server died without raising an
> exception in VS. Not sure what's going on here.
>

>> Try creating a directory called "crashdumps" in the data directory, at
> the same level as "pg_xlog" and "pg_clog" etc. Give the "postgresql" user
> the "full control" permission on it. Then run the test again.
>
> Do any minidump files appear in the directory? If so, you can examine them
> with windbg or Visual Studio to see where the crash happened.

I did this but nothing appears in crashdumps after the server crashes. The
latest test I did included the addition of this directory and the disabling
of my antivirus software. Nothing seems to have changed. Following Tom's
suggestion, I'll try to get a stack trace again (last time didn't produce
anything).

The only other thing I've noticed is that the crash always occurs when
inserting into the "places" table (definition in previous email), even
though there are two other tables that are also receiving inserts. This is
odd to me. Any thoughts?

Matt