Regarding shared_preload_libraries (postgresql.conf file)

From: Abi KR <abi(dot)kr(dot)2016(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding shared_preload_libraries (postgresql.conf file)
Date: 2018-07-05 13:16:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hello everyone,
We wanted to make use of embedded key-value store(BadgerDB -
implemented in golang) to save the data related to our extension.

The problem is,
when we load our extension using shared_preload_libraries, we could
able to open badgerdb and use it in postmaster process(_pg_init) only but
not in any other background processes.

But if we do not pre-load shared library(removing entry from
shared_preload_libraries in .conf file), everything works fine (We were
able to open badger db, put, get etc.. from any process)

As we are not aware of how postgres loads and manages its shared library
things, we couldn't figure out the issue exactly. Your suggestions are
valuable.

Thanks & Regards,
Abinaya KR