Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

From: Jacob Champion <jacob(dot)champion(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Date: 2024-04-04 18:48:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 4, 2024 at 11:12 AM Jacob Champion
<jacob(dot)champion(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> What's in the `...`? I wouldn't expect to find the test binary in your
> tmp_install.

Oh, I wonder if this is just a build dependency thing? I typically run
a bare `ninja` right before testing, because I think most of those
dependencies are missing for the tests at the moment. (For example, if
I manually remove the `libpq_pipeline` executable and then try to run
`meson test` without a rebuild, it fails.)

We can certainly fix that (see attached patch as a first draft) but I
wonder if there was a reason we decided not to during the Meson port?

--Jacob

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch application/octet-stream 498 bytes