From: Andrzej Barszcz <abusinf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: views
Date: 2017-12-06 16:53:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear hackers,

I would be happy when checkRuleResultList in rewriteDefine.c lost so strict
conditions for returning clause. Are there any reasons to have such
restriction for views ?
What I mean in short:

create view ... as select MAIN_TABLE ... joins ...

1. Updating view means updating MAIN_TABLE
2. I want to return after insert at least primary key

No rule system, no trigger INSTEAD OF give me such possibility but I know
that it's possible after modification of checkRuleResultList.

  • Re: views at 2017-12-06 17:04:12 from Tom Lane