Re: Database is in recovery mode.

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database is in recovery mode.
Date: 2011-11-29 04:51:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Lukasz Brodziak
<lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a problem with client's database. When I log into application and
> work on the data everything seems fine, but when I try to dumpd the database
> connection closes. I have located the faulty table and when I try to cluster
> it I get FATAL: database is in recovery mode. It seems that there are some
> corrupted rows in the table but I can't find the way to repai the table and
> therefore whole DB.
> PG is in the version 8.2 (in 2 weeks we are migrating to 9.0 and we are

After taking a file system level backup as suggested by Craig, first
try updating to the latest point release of 8.2. There's literally
years differences / bug fixes between 8.2.0 and 8.2.22 which was the
last release. It might be that simply updating to 8.2.22 will fix
your problems.