Re: Wanting to learn about pgsql design decision

From: Tal Walter <talw(at)sqreamtech(dot)com>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanting to learn about pgsql design decision
Date: 2016-08-03 07:52:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks Tom and Andrew!
This is indeed interesting.

Because I have a couple more of these questions, and I prefer to avoid
receiving a RTFM,
I'd appreciate if you could help me understand how I can research the
answers to these type of questions by myself.

The example questions I gave are just some of the questions I've tried to
search the answer to, using google and searching this mailing list
specifically, but I came up with nothing. Could I perhaps search the commit
comments somehow? Or perhaps a different approach to suggest?

Thanks for the interesting comments and help!