More efficient access of JSON array elements?

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: More efficient access of JSON array elements?
Date: 2020-07-19 01:22:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi: I'm wondering if there's an application of GIN (or otherwise) indexing
with jsonb columns to help speed up some queries where I'm not using WHERE
clauses, but unpacking rather large json objects to rows via
jsonb_array_elements: it seems indexing largely helps when filtering, but
this is more unpacking/flattening with really quite sizable objects.

PG 12.3.

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>