Re: to_tsvector() chopping off trailing 's' characters

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: to_tsvector() chopping off trailing 's' characters
Date: 2019-11-01 19:00:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yeah, odd. I must have borked this somehow, probably remnants of an older
installation. I have two PG 12 servers, one where 'simple' works, which has:

Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
------------+-------------+------------------+---------------------+------
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | json | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | jsonb | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | regconfig, json | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | regconfig, jsonb | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | regconfig, text | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | text | func

And the one where it's borked:

Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
------------+-------------+------------------+---------------------+------
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | json | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | jsonb | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | regconfig, json | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | regconfig, jsonb | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | regconfig, text | func
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | text | func
public | to_tsvector | tsvector | oid, text | func

Seems that public function is the weirdo remnant breaking things. I ...
think... I can just drop public.to_tsvector, right?

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>