Re: pg_buffercache: add sql test

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dong Wook Lee <sh95119(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, stephen(dot)frost(at)crunchydata(dot)com, reid(dot)thompson(at)crunchydata(dot)com
Subject: Re: pg_buffercache: add sql test
Date: 2022-08-01 01:47:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 3:39 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> * A .gitignore file is needed so that "git status" won't whine after
> running the test. This tends to be pretty much boilerplate; I copied
> it from another contrib directory.

Is there any reason we don't add a .gitignore in the contrib/
directory to ignore all */log/, */results/ and */tmp_check/ by
default rather having at least /log/, /results/ and /tmp_check/ in
almost all subdirectories .gitignore? Sure any underlying
"(log|results|tmp_check)" top-directory will then be ignored even if
it's not supposed to be needed, but I don't think it would matter in
practice. And if it does matter you could still force some file to be
included or even override the parent gitignore.