Question about servicescript for stopping and starting postgresql instance

From: Marian Forums <marianforums(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about servicescript for stopping and starting postgresql instance
Date: 2018-10-30 12:09:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a question about creating a service script to start/stop/status
postgresql instance ( version 9.6.8) on Red Hat 7.

I have read the explanation of how to create such a service script on
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/server-start.html .

Stopping and Starting works.
However when I stop the service with:
systemctl stop postgresq.service and than ask for the status with systemctl
status postgresql.service, the service gets started again.

Is this normal functionality on Red Hat 7?
I have searched on the Internet ( including the Red Hat site) for a
parameter to replace this behavior, but did not find anything.

Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Marian