Re: PGbouncer for Windows 2008

From: Edison So <edison(dot)so2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: tuanhoanganh <hatuan05(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGbouncer for Windows 2008
Date: 2012-01-23 00:55:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for the reply.

I downloaded the 64-bit version and extracted it. Unfortunately. it seems
that the pbbouncer.exe file is needed to be rebulit (ie. recompiled)
according to the following statements from the README file:

Building for WIN32
------------------

At the moment only build env tested is MINGW32 / MSYS. Cygwin
and Visual $ANYTHING are untested. Libevent 2.x is required
for DNS hostname lookup.

Then do the usual:

$ ./configure ...
$ make

If cross-compiling from Unix:

$ ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc ...

Running on WIN32
----------------

Running from command-line goes as usual, except -d (daemonize),
-R (reboot) and -u (switch user) switches will not work.

To run pgbouncer as a Windows service, you need to configure
`service_name` parameter to set name for service. Then:

$ pgbouncer -regservice config.ini

To uninstall service:

$ pgbouncer -unregservice config.ini

To use Windows Event Log, set "syslog = 1" in config file.
But before you need to register pgbevent.dll:

$ regsvr32 pgbevent.dll

To unregister it, do `regsvr32 /u pgbevent.dll`.

I do not have a SDE environment to rebuild the ,exe file. Any other idea?

Cheers,

--
Edison