Re: [pgAdmin][RM5133] UI Improvements for White and Dark Theme

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Chethana Kumar <chethana(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin][RM5133] UI Improvements for White and Dark Theme
Date: 2020-02-21 07:45:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Aditya

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 1:07 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> Attached is the patch to make improvements in the UI for both default and
> dark themes. Changes include:
> 1) All the checkboxes are customized now to use theme colors.

All the checkboxes on Server dialog are not selectable. Connect Now,
Save Password, etc...

> 2) Switch boxes will use newly introduced ternary color as the off color
> instead of primary.

The switch box on the Query History tab is still having old color.
Please verify the other switch boxes.

2) "No data" status UI change on dependents, dependency, properties and
> other places.
> 3) Event trigger -> Definition input fields UI changes. Document changed.
> 4) Schema diff cosmetic improvements along with support for dark theme.

- Remove the background-color when selecting the checkbox.
- Can we change the checkbox(with purple color)? It is not
automatically selected/deselected when we select/deselect all the objects.

[image: Screenshot 2020-02-21 at
12.08.00 PM.png]

- In Dark Theme object's text is not readable. See the below screenshot.

[image: Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 12.29.58 PM.png]

> 5) Improve Style of Dark Mode Code Highlight After Query Execution. Fixes
> #4996.
> 6) Background for geometry viewer changed to use #fff for all themes. This
> will allow it to look cleaner. Fixes #5077.
> 7) Select2 dropdown selected and hovered item should will have different
> colors. Also tweaked the tags appearance in multi select boxes. Fixes #4955.

The hover color looks very light, can we make it a bit dark?
[image: Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 12.07.26 PM.png]

> 8) Source code pro font updated to latest version to fix firefox monospace
> issue. Fixes #5184.
> 9) Other accessibility and cosmetic changes wherever needed.
>
> Thanks @Chethana Kumar <chethana(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> for your
> suggestions and inputs. :)
>
> Kindly review.

Apart from that, there is a white border visible for the Default
Privileges tab in all the dialogs wherever applicable.
[image: Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 12.33.32 PM.png]

Feature tests are failing, please fix them.

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect*
*EnterpriseDB Software India Private Limited*
*Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*