Re: Use boolean array for nulls parameters

From: Hamid Akhtar <hamid(dot)akhtar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: japin <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Use boolean array for nulls parameters
Date: 2021-01-19 15:01:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I personally don't see any benefit in this change. The focus shouldn't be
on fixing things that aren't broken. Perhaps, there is more value in using
bitmap data type to keep track of NULL values, which is typical storage vs
performance debate, and IMHO, it's better to err on using slightly more
storage for much better performance. IIRC, the bitmap idea has previously
discussed been rejected too.

--
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)
ADDR: 10318 WHALLEY BLVD, Surrey, BC