ORC FDW v1.0.0 is Released

From: Hamid Akhtar <hamid(dot)akhtar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ORC FDW v1.0.0 is Released
Date: 2020-06-30 08:54:35
Lists: pgsql-announce

ORC Foreign Data Wrapper version 1.0.0 is released!
https://github.com/HighgoSoftware/orc_fdw/releases/tag/ORC_FDW-REL-1-0

HighgoSoftware Inc. (Canada) just released an initial version of ORC
Foreign Data Wrapper (FDW).

Apache upgraded Hive to use ORC format. ORC is a much superior format to RC
and Parquet. Behind the scenes, ORC utilities Protocol Buffers which make
it superior to JSON and XML format in terms of storage and read/write
performance.

This initial version of ORC FDW allows read only capabilities with the
option of importing schema directly from an Apache ORC file. It is a mix of
C and C++ code. Feel free to pull it in from github and/or get in touch
with me for more details and any help with deployment and testing of this
foreign data wrapper.

github: https://github.com/HighgoSoftware/orc_fdw/

In the meantime, we are continuously working on adding more features to
this FDW. We look forward to your feedback which will help us improve it
significantly.

--
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)
ADDR: 10318 WHALLEY BLVD, Surrey, BC