Re: 9.5 new features

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "FarjadFarid(ChkNet)" <farjad(dot)farid(at)checknetworks(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.5 new features
Date: 2016-01-23 15:27:51
Lists: pgsql-general

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/brin-intro.html

62.1. Introduction
"A block range is a group of pages that are physically adjacent in the
table; for each block range, some summary info is stored by the index."

From the above, may I presume that it is best to cluster (or sort), the
table based on the intended BRIN
column(s) before actually creating the index to insure the pages are
adjacent? If so, should that not be included in the documentation, instead
of implied?