Re: Any work being done on materialized view?

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: inspector morse <inspectormorse86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Any work being done on materialized view?
Date: 2016-12-03 14:55:45
Lists: pgsql-general

What exactly are the features you are looking for? Materialized views are
treated as tables in PostgreSQL and you can create indexes on them.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/sql-creatematerializedview.html

"CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW is *similar to **CREATE TABLE* AS, except that it
also remembers the query used to initialize the view, so that it can be
refreshed later upon demand. *A materialized view has many of the same
properties as a table*, but there is no support for temporary materialized
views or automatic generation of OIDs."

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you