Re: index question

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com" <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: index question
Date: 2016-05-02 02:37:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:27 PM, drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Sorry @Melvin, sent the previous email just to you..
>

> That's a great one, too! Cheers!
>

> Well.. the index creation did not help...
>
> if possible please have a look on the explain analyze results:
>
> http://explain.depesz.com/s/rHOU
>
> What else can I do?
>
> *The indexes I created is:*
> - CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY ix_inode_segments_notes_clientids2 ON
> gorfs.inode_segments USING btree ("full_path");
>
> - CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY ix_inodes_checksum_st_size ON gorfs.inodes
> USING btree ("checksum_md5","st_size");

Two things to consider.
1. Did you remember to run ANALYZE on the table after the new indexes were
created?
2. Try doing a
SET enable_seqscan = off;
before executing the query and compare execution times.
It might just be that a seqscan would be faster.

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you