Re: BUG: Postgres 14 + vacuum_defer_cleanup_age + FOR UPDATE + UPDATE

From: Michail Nikolaev <michail(dot)nikolaev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: BUG: Postgres 14 + vacuum_defer_cleanup_age + FOR UPDATE + UPDATE
Date: 2023-01-05 21:39:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, Andres.

I apologize for the direct ping, but I think your snapshot scalability
work in PG14 could be related to the issue.

The TransactionIdRetreatedBy implementation looks correct... But with
txid_current=212195 I see errors like "could not access status of
transaction 58643736"...
So, maybe vacuum_defer_cleanup_age just highlights some special case
(something with "previous" xids on the left side of zero?)....

Thanks,
Michail.