Re: Fwd: Test of Algorithm || Indexing Scheme

From: Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Test of Algorithm || Indexing Scheme
Date: 2013-11-11 17:16:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-students

Hi,
Can you pls tel me how can achieve which sound pretty exotic to you.

Can u please share some relevant documents. I havw no clue from where to
start.

Regards
Rohit
On 11.11.2013 14:12, Rohit Goyal wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for reply.
> I actually want to make some changes in all operations on index like
> insert, update, delete.
> for example, i want store a new customized value for every key inserted in
> b tree instead of storing Tuple Id as value.

That sounds pretty exotic, I can't imagine what good the index will do if
it doesn't contain tuple IDs.

Can you also pls explain me more about appoach to follow to use my
> algorithm as GiST opclass. I dont have much knowledge abt this also?

See user manual, and the examples in the server code and contrib.

- Heikki